Is Being a Copy Cat or Watching Your Competitors Damaging Your Business Visibility?
So your competitors are doing well (good for them!), the worse thing you could do is be a COPY cat. We all like to see what everyone else is up to and being aware of your competitors is a good thing but watching there every move is not healthy for you or your business visibility, your time is precious so use it wisely by focusing on YOU and your audience, give the people that matter the time and attention!
Let’s face it as flexible entrepreneurs or small business owners we may all have a similar offering and there is nothing we can do about that EVER (unless you have a new invention). Your service or your products may not be original HOWEVER there is one thing for sure and that is there is only one of you in the world and your approach to reaching out to your target audience by being you can set you apart from your competitors.
People buy from people so think about how you can bring your own unique self and personality into the marketing for your business to make it more VISIBLE and stand out from the rest.
- Are you clear on who your target audience is?
- Is your branding strong?
- What are you doing to be visible?
- What are you doing to stand out from the rest?
- Are you hanging out on-line in the right places?
- Are you hanging out off-line in right places?
- Do you have a clear plan in place so you can focus on your growth?
- What are your goals and how are you going to achieve them?
Ask yourself these questions and remember DON’T WATCH YOUR COMPETITORS WATCH YOU!
So how are you going to ensure you don’t spend time watching others? and use that time working on being visible by just being you?