We hear a lot about the “Hustle” and not so much of the “Juggle” that most of us have to deal with (I call it The Justle ™).
The Hustle is not for the faint hearted and only those that really want to succeed do it with full gumption but let me tell you now if you add in the “Juggle” it’s a whole other story…..it really can make you weep!!! I know this only to well by having to Hustle and Juggle with 3 children, too many pets to mention and thank goodness a supportive husband.
I work hard building my business and looking after my clients but the Juggle to my Hustle is my top priority whilst not allowing my Hustle to slip, get it? I remain visible and present in both my commitments.
Unless completely impossible I’m always there to pick up and collect my children from school, always there for every school play, parents evening, dentist appointments, hospital appointments, activity drop offs and pick ups amongst all there other needs, not to mention when things don’t go to plan and with 3 children this happens A LOT!!!!
Why do I do it?, it’s simply because I love what I do, it’s not easy and it’s definitely not always a pretty sight but it’s certainly worth it.
So what do you need to be able to Hustle and Juggle:
Do you have:
- A business and 1 or more children
- A “day” job whilst building a business
- Other timely commitments or anything else making you juggle your time whilst building your business.
Now in my experience to succeed through the Hustle and Juggle you NEED:
- A massive sense of humour
- When the going gets tough and believe me it will, you’ll need to be able to laugh (as well as cry!) through it.
- Have a plan
- Set your goals out and have a plan to reach them
- Be fine knowing that things may not always go according to the plan
- There are many times the plan just has to go out the window, so you need to be able to accept this and adjust plans and continue the hustle in a direction you may not have thought of.
- The ability to bloody wing it when needed be
- The juggle can throw curves balls at you when you least expect it meaning in some situations you may not be fully prepared as much as you would of like to, therefore be PREPARED to wing it!
- A good support network business and personal
- It’s important that you have those that are going to build you up and also support you when the going gets tough.
- You need a strong business network around you, as they will truly understand your challenges.
- You need a strong personal network, those that you can rely on if you need help with your juggle i.e. pick up kids from school for you at short notice or just being there for you when you need a break from it all.
- Both your business and personal network will help you with your success.
- Remain positive
- Remember WHY you do what you
- Remember the benefits of the Hustle and Juggle
- Don’t give up at the first hurdle
Do it with grit and determination but most importantly enjoy your Hustle & Juggle (aka The Justle ™) guys it’s worth it , you can be fully VISIBLE and present in both.