Take Care of You!
Take Care of You!
When you’re busy running a business and juggling life it can be easy to forget one of the most important things that is going to help you keep visible and present in both and that is to look after YOURSELF!
Here are some simple tips from my expert business friends.
Rachel Collins – The Happy Mummy Health Coach say’s:
When you are flagging, your energy levels drop or you are feeling stressed out – don’t grab and coffee or reach for a chocolate bar for an energy boost and keep pushing on.
- Take a break.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes on your phone and sit still. Meditate if you are comfortable to do so.
- There are some fantastic apps now like Buddhify that have guided meditations to squeeze in between clients, jobs or while waiting at the train station.
- Not only will the rest calm your mind, meditation been scientifically proven to boost your energy levels. And you’ll avoid a nasty sugar crash!
Maja Chudzik – Maja Chudzik Wellness Expert say’s:
Keeping hydrated by drinking water helps you think, focus and concentrate better and you will find yourself more alert and your energy levels will be boosted!
Make drinking water a habit.
- Make water intake your priority and work on it for at least a month. After that this habit will become your second nature and you will not have to think about it anymore. YOU WILL JUST DRINK.
- First thing in the morning instead of coffee drink 250 ml – 500 ml of warm lemon water. And then have a cup of coffee (if you have to ;))
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day.
- Try adding a slice of lemon/lime, cucumber or ginger to your drink.
- Drink water before, during, and after a workout.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water.
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. For example, drink water when you wake up; 15 min before breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.
- A good idea to keep taps on the intake is to get 2lts plastic water bottle and fill it up with water in the morning. Have a small water bottle that you will drink from. Refill the small bottle using water from big bottle. This way you know where you are with the water intake and you make sure the intake is the same every day which is very important.
These are some fantastic simple tips to follow and I would like to add part of looking after yourself is also allowing yourself to take a break, find out what I think on this here.