6 Simple Tips for Twitter!
Are you using Twitter as a tool for your business visibility? If so here are 6 simple tips that will help you along.
- The recommended number of Tweets per day is 6 – 10 Tweets but as it moves so fast you can afford to rinse the hell out of it, Tweet twice an hour if you can?
- Use relevant hashtags in your posts so your tweets are searchable by others that aren’t following you (yet!). Use no more than 2 or 3 hashtags in a post otherwise your tweet will look unprofessional and like spam and you need to leave room to actually say something in your tweet!
- Use scheduling tools such as buffer, hootsuite or edgar (amongst others) to schedule your Tweets ahead but don’t forget to use it in real time to, engage with others and retweet useful content that your followers will benefit from.
- Create Twitter lists i.e. you may have those you follow for Social Media tips, you may have those you follow for Industry news and if you are follow hundreds (even thousands) of Twitter accounts you could easily miss content you want to see, so if you add them to organised lists you easily see the content that you really want to by viewing the lists you have set up. Your lists can be made private or for public viewing.
- Get involved in twitter hours, Twitter hours are usually a weekly event set up on Twitter that you can contribute to using the relevant Twitter hour #hashtag during that Twitter hour you can promote your business and engage and interact with others also taking part in the event. Find one that is relevant to you, no point in taking part in #pethour if your business does not involve pets!!! Also you will need to take a part in a Twitter hour more than once – it’s like networking, it will take time to build relationships.
- Lastly you should only be using Twitter if you know your ideal clients, influencers and others you want to build relationships with are on there, your time is precious so use it in the right places.
So get tweeting and do get in touch if you need guidance or support.